Cellar Door Fest is the event for all South Australian wine lovers. We’re excited to be back pouring Liebichwein wines at Cellar Door Fest 2019 – a popular favourite food, wine, beer and spirits festival held over three days – 15-17th March in the city centre.
Adelaide is a Great Wine Capital of the World with outstanding wines and this huge event is your chance to sample all your favourite styles from all over South Australia at the Adelaide Convention Centre with easy public transport options.
Liebichwein will have a range of wines, exclusive offers and daily prizes. Lovers of sweet wines will be attracted to luscious barrel-aged fortifieds. People who enjoy silky smooth cellared reds will be in for a treat as we are pouring some wines over 10 years old.
It’s a wonderful opportunity to be amongst fellow wine lovers all in one convenient location.
Come and see us in the Barossa Valley region!
15-17th March 2019
Adelaide Convention Centre
FRIDAY: 5.00PM – 9.00PM
SATURDAY: 11.00AM – 6.00PM
SUNDAY: 11.00AM – 6.00PM
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for a chance to WIN 2 x TICKETS to the SUNDAY SESSION
and see all the latest updates.
These quick and easy fruity truffles are delightful to share with loved ones over a cup of tea or coffee. Serve with aged Grand Tawny Port or Classic Muscat for the complete indulgent experience. Perfect to make as gifts for a special occasion.
We have a preference for dark chocolate, but feel free to substitute with milk chocolate or use dairy-free chocolate and cake to make them suitable for vegan diets.
Prep 20 mins ∙ Standing Time 1 hour ∙ Makes 24 ∙ Difficulty Easy
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped
- 2 tbsp. orange zest, finely grated
- ¼ cup fortified wine
- 125g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 250g (2½ cups) cake crumbs
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Put dried fruit in a bowl with some boiled water for 10-15 minutes then strain.
- Mix fruit, orange zest and fortified wine of your choice.
- Melt chocolate pieces using a double boiler or microwave in a glass bowl.
- Add melted chocolate and cake crumbs to the fruit mixture and mix well.
- Place coconut into a shallow bowl ready for coating truffles.
- Roll mixture into small even balls with your hands, then roll each ball in coconut.
- Keep in fridge or freezer until ready to use.
We’re absolutely thrilled with results from the Barossa Wine Show 2018. Ron has outdone himself picking up a Trophy for Museum Fortified for the second year in a row. Rare Tawny was crowned Best Museum Red Fortified. Last year saw Rare Semillon get a similar honour in the Best Museum White Fortified Class.
All entries from around the Barossa region were such high calibre, we’re proud to be among the same company. Congratulations to all other medal and trophy winners.
Other Liebichwein medal winners:
- Rare Frontignac = SILVER (yet to be released)
- 2018 Vintage Fortified Petit Verdot (baby VP – yet to be released) = BRONZE
- Classic Muscat = BRONZE
- Lovely Sparkling Pinot Noir NV = BRONZE
Be taken on a journey of flavour through four varieties of premium fortified wines matched to divine handmade chocolate truffles. Liebichwein’s luscious fortifieds are renowned for quality throughout the Barossa region.
Wines to enjoy are Fortified Classic Frontignac, Classic Muscat, Classic Semillon and Grenache-based Grand Tawny. These award winning dessert wines blended from a selection of barrels over a 25 year time span.
The finest chocolate coated truffles are sweet spiced berries, apricot & roasted almond, salted caramel ganache and a special glazed fig and Rare Tawny truffle.
Bookings essential as seats are limited. Please allow 30-40 minutes for the tasting experience.
Family friendly event with drinks and games suitable for children.
4 session times available
Saturday July 7 & Sunday July 8, 2018
2:00 – 3:00 pm
3:30 – 4:30 pm
Barossa Wine Show 2017 judging was held in September. Liebichwein are very proud to report that their fortified wines received the following awards:
- Gold medal and overall Trophy for Best Museum White Fortified – Liebich Rare Semillon
- Silver medal – Liebichwein Classic Muscat
See all results from the competition here.