In need of recipe ideas for a platter? Here is a delicious addition to a nibbles platter or cheeseboard for the start or end of a meal. Simply serve this pate with crackers or fresh crusty bread. It will go down a treat with your guests, especially with a glass of wine.
We used our homemade barrel-aged Muscat vinegar and Ben’s Blend bulk fortified wine. You may substitute these for any wine vinegar or Tawny style wine you have at hand. This dish can even be prepared in advance and frozen in small amounts to pull out for last minute entertaining. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
There are many helpful articles and creating the perfect party platter, like this one using locally made Wine Stains cheese boards made from recycled wine barrels.
Walnut, Mushroom & Port Pate
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup parsely
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tawny style port
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Toast walnuts in oven or dry frypan over medium heat. Put nuts aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan. Add onions and garlic and saute until translucent. Add mushrooms and herbs until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add a splash of vinegar and fortified wine (optional).
- Let mushroom mixture cool before putting in food processor or blender. Add salt and pepper and pulse mixture.
- Press into small containers and chill for a few hours before serving.