These quick and easy fruity truffles are delightful to share with loved ones over a cup of tea or coffee. Serve with aged Grand Tawny Port or Classic Muscat for the complete indulgent experience. Perfect to make as gifts for a special occasion like Easter, birthdays, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
We have a preference for dark chocolate, but feel free to substitute with milk chocolate or use dairy-free chocolate and cake to make them suitable for vegan diets.
Prep 20 mins Standing Time 1 hour Makes 24 Difficulty Easy
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped
- 2 tbsp. orange zest, finely grated
- 1/4 cup fortified wine
- 125g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 250g (2 cups) cake crumbs
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Put dried fruit in a bowl with some boiled water for 10-15 minutes then strain.
- Mix fruit, orange zest and fortified wine of your choice.
- Melt chocolate pieces using a double boiler or microwave in a glass bowl.
- Add melted chocolate and cake crumbs to the fruit mixture and mix well.
- Place coconut into a shallow bowl ready for coating truffles.
- Roll mixture into small even balls with your hands, then roll each ball in coconut.
- Keep in fridge or freezer until ready to use.